The reason and first impression of Manado

Manado Travel Blog

Manado is well known for its under-water beauty, and that was the reason of us making the trip. All seven of us, came to Manado on 3 different flights. We have made the arrangement for spending the first 4 nights with Tasik Ria resort, dedicated for diving and spoiling days. We had several choices and considerations, but at this end, I'm sure that we made a good decission.

To reach Manado from Jakarta, it is a 3 hours flight if it's direct, and several airlines serving the route (Garuda/Lion/Batavia) seldom offer direct flight, so you will need to check this with your. On our arrival, we had to make a stop in Surabaya or Makassar, and extended the total travel time to 4+ hours.

It is my first time to go to Sulawesi, one of the major island of Indonesia, and I was pretty excited. I travelled places in Indonnesia, but somehow, the feeling was still there. Took the 6am flight, we stopped in Surabaya airport with Lion air flight (good bargain, new aircraft Boeing 900ER, but we prayed hard still), and continued the trip to Manado and reached Sam Ratulangi airport at 11+am. Good airport!

photo by: Sonya