The path to the beach leads past ......donkeys?

Milocer Travel Blog

I could see the light creeping in from around my sleep mask. It was a sunny day. I even awakened an hour before my alarm. I prepared breakfast in my kitchenette and decided on a plan.

I decided to head south to Lake Skodra near the border with Albania. There was a different Montenegro to see in this place. From there I would see where the day would take me.

Near Sveti Stefan, there is a village, Milocer, that I was unable to reach the other day so, today, I tried again. I was successful in finding a place to park near the highway so that I could climb down to the beach and still be able to easily leave, when ready.

Once it was just a sleepy fishing village, now a crescent of heaven with a view of Budva across the water and Sveti Stefan to the south.

I found a stairway that lead down through some olive trees. Along the path, there were 2 donkeys tied up and not so happy about it. I continued down the path and found the beach. What a cute place. The crescent cove was filled with turquoise water and even a tiny island with ancient ruins. I walked along the beach and enjoyed the view which stretched all the way to Budva, I then continued on.

I stopped at the same scenic overlook to view Sveti Stefan. It was even more fascinating on this sunny day.

Near Petrovac, I headed inland and up into the mountains, saying goodbye to the coastal road. On the way inland, I did stop several times at scenic spots to catch more of Montenegro’s sculptured coastline. The beach at Buljarica looked amazing with its massive wall of mountain to one side and a tiny little pyramid of an island just off its tip. It is still an untouched gem of the Adriatic coast with its unique sandy beach stretching for more than 2,250m.

Budva Riviera