The arrival

Sarajevo Travel Blog

At almost 10 p.m. we arrived at the central Sarajevo train station which looked very empty. Near the entrance we saw a tourist information office with flyers of the hostel we booked (Hostel Ljubicica).

A woman came to us and said that it’s her hostel and she’s gonna take us there. We told her we have a reservation what seemed to surprise her. We got into her car and she drove us to the hostel reception (what is also a tourist information office). She asked us if we’ve really made a reservation, coz she didn’t know about it.

The same situation happened to Judit and me in Belgrade. Since then I always print out the documents when I’m booking a hostel via e-mail. She apologized and said that instead of a 16 bed dorm she lets us stay in a 10 bed dorm for the same price (5 euros + tax = 6euros).

Hostel Ljubicica has several buildings, the one we stayed in is about 2 minutes walk far from the travel agency/reception and from the main square.

We shared a room with an Aussie guy and an American who was leaving the next morning.

We put down our stuff and we went for a walk. The old town has a really nice medieval style and no trace of the war.

Lacis bday cookie