Leaving Sarajevo

Sarajevo Travel Blog

Sarajevo early in the morning

We got up at 5:45. We tried not to wake up anyone and be as quiet as we could, but 5 people whispering and packing can be a bit noisy.

As we were stepping out of the hostel Laci turned back and said ‘Good bye hostel, I won’t return ever again.’ I simply asked him ‘How do you know it?’ and pushed him out of the door. We walked to the reception to give back the keys and bought burek and ‘flower’ in the bakery’ then took tram line 3 and went to the bus/train station.

Laci and Adam’s train back to Budapest was leaving at 6:55 and our bus to Dubrovnik at 7:15. We said goodbye to the guys outside the train station then headed to the bus station. There was already a bus at the platform when we got there, we showed our tickets to the driver and wanted to get on, but he started to speak in Bosnian and waving with his hands. I had no idea what the hell he was saying, and although Judit doesn’t speak the language either she somehow figured out that he told us that this bus is not ours but it’s leaving soon and our bus is coming in a couple of minutes. And yeah, that’s how things exactly happened.

we called it flower