first impressions...

Marrakech Travel Blog

Koutoubia Mosque

Hello again... it's the 4th today 23:30. Wow all I can say. Slowly but am getting used to this strange environment. It's pretty late and there's so much to say. Yesterday after arriving I walked straight to the medina. I managed to buy a SIM card so I could cll the girl I kept in touch before my journey and we met around 4 pm on the main square. I was really hungry so we sat in a place and I had lamb tagine with peanuts and raisins. I'd been walking all day anyway but she still showed me a few places nearby and and gave me seriously useful information about things here. So strange but but I can't describe how many things happened and the feelings that comes with the experience. But I think I already learnt so much more about the the world we live in and about life.

Because here it's still the same planet.... Sounds weird but that's what am thinking right now. Strange because I didn't see that much tourists here as I expected. And today when I was exploring the small allies and deep inside (or prefer outside) the medina sometimes I recognised that I hadn't seen tourists for at least 30 minutes which made me a bit nervous. For a few minutes I felt like when I was in Kosovo but now different situation. I can't even open a map on the street because suddenly everybody jumps on you and then expecting money for help which as I heard is not always a real help. Sometimes the show you the wrong direction and if you walk there they know you're lost. So better to ask ladies or shopkeepers or other tourists if being lost.
That's how I met two English men on the street who were looking for the same place like me. They're around 50 years old and really cool. We found the place together and also visited some other places. Luckily they had the same plane plan visiting the Atlas mountain so with Marcie's help we're going tomorrow together. Am really looking forward to it. And again there's just so many things happened that would fill up a book. Tomorrow after the trip we're going out with the lesbians who are actually not lesbians for dinner and maybe a bar or two but not getting drunk as this is not the place where I feel like getting drunk but to see some. So it's going to be an other busy and interesting day. Now am better to go and and take a shower and hopefully going to sleep better than yesterday....

dark-phoenix says:
Good read! I dont blame you for being nervous! I would have felt the same way. Lucky you found to English fellas though. :D
Posted on: Feb 19, 2011
Saadian tombs
Saadian tombs
Marrakech General Tips & Advice review
Marrakech travel tips
Hi everybody, am going to try to share some useful informations about my Moroccan trip that can be used by everyone: - At the airport when you arrive… read entire review
Marrakech