My first experience with humidity, heat, heat and more heat.

Goa Travel Blog

Goa has the beaches and they are the highlight of travel to this region of India. As a result of the popularity, the beaches tend to be really crowded. When I visited Goa I didn't own a swimming suit and I was livid about undressing in 'public' beaches or otherwise. Of course this was not a vacation for me either, I was working and the beach vacation was no option. We did however make it to the beach on one occasion (Calangute) I think is the spelling of the beach we went to. Calangute happened to be along the way as we drove to the orphanages we were working with. This beach also has the major resorts and it quite the tourist trap. I particularly enjoyed our drive up to the beach because along the way we troubled Gopal to stop so we could buy some of the Kashmir hand crafted items. I bought my Mum a great Kashmir scarf, which was rather cheap when compared to what you pay once they are out of India. It was a rather hot day at the beach, the humidity level was high and I could feel the iritation at the back of my head. The fact that I could not get into the water and cool off, made my time at the beach quite miserable.

Other beaches in Goa include: Anjuna beach, Benaulim beach, Dona Paula beach, Cavelosim beach, Chapora beach, Condolim beach, Bogmolo beach, Miramar beach, Vagator beach, Varca beach and Pololem beach.