Starting off in Cebu

Cebu Travel Blog

I thought that this trip would go off without any hitch, boy was I wrong. I assumed that it would be any other trip overseas that you just show to the immigration officer your return tickets and they would just stamp your passport and let you go. I did not imagine that I'd be interrogated with non-sense questions! Among them were:

-Why my passport was new. (Duh! Because my old one is about to expire this March)
-Why I did not bring my company ID. (BECAUSE I AM ON HOLIDAY. WHY WOULD I NEED MY COMPANY ID? I don't want to lose it in some strange country)
-What is the relationship with my friend. (Really? So 2 friends apparently can't travel outside the country together. We were even asked about the "status" of our friendship 2-3 times after the immigration officer let us pass, another set asked us again for some reason)

I understood why they had to ask the other questions since its rampant that other people say that they're just going for a visit and then try to work there illegally or legally. I had to show proof of my employment and what not which I didn't have. I was asked about the print out of the trip's itinerary and hotel reservations, etc even my old passport. All of the things that were asked of me, I didn't have.

For a moment there I really thought that I couldn't go on with the trip.
travelman727 says:
I understand how you felt :-) It's amazing what questions immigration officers sometimes ask.
Posted on: Mar 16, 2010