Flying to Thailand

San Diego Travel Blog

I was as prepared as I could be. A 10 year dream was being realized, I am going to Thailand. I've studied massage in San Diego for 17 years and after taking an introduction to Thai Massage class I knew one day I would go and today was the day!
The route was from San Diego - Los Angeles - Narita - Bangkok. I used Delta because my mileage plan had been with Northwest prior to the merger. It was a miserable experience and afterward no longer wanted to fly with them. The flight was delayed at LAX. We were told that the it would make the connecting flight. They offered to put people in a hotel to give up their seats and go out the next day. I had made arrangements once I arrived into Thailand and on the word that the flight was going to connect it was not worth it to me. However once in flight we could not get a straight answer and suspected that we were not going to make it in time and to suspicions we were right. Once we arrived in Narita it was very unorganized and after a long flight it was frustrating to say the least. The next flight was not leaving until the next day at the same time. We were put up in a hotel (which I made a review of) and returned to the airport the next day. Finally made into Bangkok. Wow, what an ordeal and know that it was meant to be. Everything is connected.
jethanad says:
similar to my wife's travails on United / Emirates to Mumbai. Valuable lesson for us - buy travel insurance.
Posted on: Mar 25, 2010