St.Pattys Day in Bean Town

Boston Travel Blog

Today my cousin, her boy freind and I did a mostly walking tour of Boston.  We started off in Down Town Crossing where we peeked into the corner mall, and then grabbed a bite to eat.  Next we headed up to Boston Common to see the "Make way for Ducklings" statues and just enjoy the beautiful day we were having.  After the last Nor'easter it was good to finally have some nice warm weather and sunshine.  We made out way around the park and found the statues intact, I say intact because the poor little things are always getting stolen.  My cousin and her BF have never really explored Boston like this before so after the Duckilings we walked across the street to Cheer's.  Cheer's was a popular show back in the 80's and has become a very popular tourist destination in Boston.

So much so that they have added two bars and a second location.

We left Cheer's and walked over to the Prudential Center and walked around the mall, then we decided to do the skywalk tour on the 50th floor.  After taking many pictures from the top of the Hub we headed over to the nearest green line station and jumped rode it the one stop to Kenmore Square.  For everyone who is not a Red Sox fan this would be the T-stop you would need to get to Fenway Park.  Even though it is not open for the season we headed down Yawkee way to see a giant baseball hat that my cousins father had made, unfortunately it was no longer there.  We walked all around the perimeter of Fenway making a quick stop at the House of Blues to see my brother before the Drop Kick Murphys show started for the night.  By now it was getting later in the afternoon, our feet hurt and none of us wanted to deal with a stupid drunk on the subway so we headed back home.  On the way we hit up the Jade East in Tewksbury for some dinner, bought some beer and then it was home for some Guitar Hero, Ghost Hunters and Destination Truth for the rest of the night!

Boston General Tips & Advice review
No Cash, No Problem
So you’re going to Boston and may be worried about spending a lot of cash, don’t be. Don’t worry about buying souvenirs, and stuff like that … read entire review
photo by: bubu932