Home Sweet Home

Vancouver Travel Blog

Joel and Tina's house

"It is impossible to come back from one’s journey; there’s always someone else coming back". - unknown

We are dropped off at the Muscat airport at 9pm, since I wanted to be early for a change, and not have to run about. We took British Airways 72, through Abu Dhabi to London. BA 72 is on a Boeing 777. but it was the oldest 777 I think I've ever seen, this aircraft made our 767's look nice. The crew was polite, but seemed “off”, I guess you can't really blame them, since they are going on strike in a week's time.

Comfy as can be...but go figure, he watched movies the whole flight!
Thank goodness we are on our way home. The food ...if you can call it that, was dreadful airline fare, a far cry from the delicacies we got on Emirates. We managed to get upgraded on our flight to Edmonton from London, and our Montreal based crew was wonderful. (yes, I said Montreal...get this...they are doing YUL-LHR-YEG-YOW-LHR-YUL. In six days....that's insane isn't it? Sorry for those non AC people reading this) I tried the mushroom risotto, which of course I picked out the mushrooms, but it was delicious. Maybe it's because I hadn't had much to eat in the last 15 hours.

We head home through Edmonton, arriving 8 days after we departed. I can't wait to see the kids, but I will miss Oman. What an amazing place that Joel and Tina live in. No wonder that two years turned into three! I am forever grateful, to have seen this part of the world, that until now, wasn't even on my list of places I wanted to see. Thanks to Joel and Tina for being the best hosts, and to Nana and Papa for giving us the opportunity to travel!

Joel and Tinas house
Joel and Tina's house
Comfy as can be...but go figure, h…
Comfy as can be...but go figure, …
Whale bone