Spring Break

South Padre Island Travel Blog

Beach houses
Just came back from my spring break trip with my son and a few friends. We had a great time! Due to several college kids being in the hotels we decided to rent a private beach house next to a lake. The house was amazing. 3 bedrooms, 5 flat screen TVs a swiming pool and jacuzzi. We were within blocks of restaurants and shops. The beach was extremely clean. The beach patrol were in full force making sure no one threw trash on the beach or had glass containers.

The weather at the beach could not have been more perfect. My good friend's daughter and I built sand castles in the sand. I am happy that we arrived before too many people came out. After 3 hours in the sand relaxing, we went go cart riding. I love taking a vacation with kids because it gives me an excuse to be a big kid too.

The last night we were there we ate at a restaurant called Captain Black Jack's. The seafood was great. I could not eat everything on my plate. The portion sizes are way too much and surprisingly the food was inexpensive. Everyone I saw seemed very friendly. Even when I first walked into the restaurant there were several men on Harley Davis bikes that greeted us as soon as we walked in.

I would recommend this vacation spot to anyone that enjoys the beach and a friendly atmosphere.
Perfect day to go to the beach
Perfect day to go to the beach
Jelly fish
Jelly fish
The birds are not shy
The birds are not shy
Bungee jumping looks like fun but …
Bungee jumping looks like fun but…
Maybe next time....lol
Enjoying the sun
Enjoying the sun
Everything is big in Texas
Everything is big in Texas
How do we make a sand castle again?
How do we make a sand castle again?