My first day in Barcelona!

Barcelona Travel Blog

So tired. I am so tired of travelling. It´s very nice to just be in a home; not a hostel, not a campsite, not on a mattress on the floor, and especially not next to creeps in a croatian bus station. Mar´s mother doesnt speak a word of english but is very kind to me anyway.

We met up with two guy friends of Mar´s who spoke only a little english but made an effort. I can follow conversations but I dont know what is being said word for word. And Catalon is different from Spanish. I´m spending alot of time being quiet here. But anyway, we got some overpriced coffee and walked through the city. Did a little bit of shopping in the wonderful department stores of europe, and went back to Mar´s flat.....she lives in Sagrada Familia, a really famous neighborhood.

Went to a documentary with a few of Mar´s friends (I could only understand the jist of what it was about), and out to a bar for a few beers. I really miss Croatian prices. I could get a liter of amazing beer for about $1.50.......for a small bottle of lame beer I´m paying $4-6.50!!!!!! I forgot how expensive the rest of Europe was because of the euro. I don´t like it.

So now, its 2am and I need to take a shower and go to sleep. We will walk the city some more tomorrow and we have an appointment to get our nails done.....not normally my thing but mine are a disaster due to this trip.

Ciao bellos!

Pretty much the view from Mars ap…
Pretty much the view from Mar's a…
Las Ramblas