I am very alone and sad beyond words.

Split Travel Blog

The Riva in Split.
    What have I done? I flew around the world to a country that most people have never even heard of........alone.
    I met these two college girls from Arizona on the plane over here. They were going on a sailing trip for a week and then up to Germany for two weeks. I tried my best to tag along with them but once we got off the transport, they were mobbed by people trying to rent them rooms. So I went off to find my own soba. When I finally found it, it was closed. I sat next to a department store, on a street I cant pronounce, in a labyrinth of a city. I cried. I cried alot. Then I just happened to see the two girls from Arizona walk into a store so I was with them the rest of the day.
    I have never had a panic attack before. But that was what today was.
A huge, uncontrolable panic attack. cant even count all the times that I just started crying. I cry because I miss my family already, I cry because Im all alone, and I cry because I have an over whelming fear that I made the wrong decision.
    What was I thinking? I cant believe that I actually thought I could handle this on my own. I just turned eighteen for crying out loud! I pray that this works out as great as I planned it. I cant keep crying and hyperventilating. And if you think Im over reacting.....I don't care. You have no idea what Im going through right now. Go to anywhere in the world, by yourself, for a whole month, and you tell me how lonely it is.
    I just really would like for all of you to pray for me, because I feel like I really need support. Im too alone physically to not have you with me spiritually.
I miss you alot, Im crying as I write this, and I hope this gets better soon. Till next time, where hopefully Im having the time of my life. I love you.

Lana Linhart
lauro says:
hi lana, i feel for you, but you know what? being there already made you a strong person. do you ever thought of not too many people like you have the courage to go out alone in a foreign land with a foreign tongue? you are a very lucky person that you had the opportunity to do it. go out.. and have fun - feel the sunshine and the beautiness of the place and dont forget to smile and see the world in pink glasses. cheers :)
Posted on: Jul 06, 2007