Finally at camp!

Kastel Kambelovac Travel Blog

Mar (Barcelona) and I.

Well, it was certainly a mission to get here. My bus driver refused to drop me off at the correct bus station in Kambelovac, so I had to get off at another one and then hitchhike a ride for about 3 miles with some croatian girls. Crazy mission.

So we are staying in one big room of a house, all on mattresses on the floor, with one bathroom. Its pretty interesting. There are two guys, american and korean, and girls from slovakia, czech republic,spain, sweden, norway, and poland. And, we are also working with a bunch of not too bad looking croatian guys. Anyway, our house is right on the beach but we have our own castle named Kula! Thats where we do all the cooking, eating, and meetings. Last night, we went into Split and handed out flyers to local people and came back to Kula and the croatian guys made us a huge outdoor bbq that lasted till 3 am. Lots of local croatian white wine.

Anyway, today we just hung out at the beach and cleaned up a bit. The festival starts tomorrow so  that is when the work starts. Things are 1000 times better now. I am so happy!!!!!

Okay, all done for me love people.

five11d says:
Lana! rock on girl. you going off and doing this all on your own is so damn huge! we are impressed beyond measure and are excited that you are having so much fun and meeting so many wonderful people. that is the true joy of travel. we love reading about Croatia, it is one of the best places we have ever been to. you are going to love slovenia, too. go Big and have fun over there! S and K
Posted on: Jul 29, 2007
Sara (Norway) and I.
Sara (Norway) and I.
Kastel Kambelovac town square.
Kastel Kambelovac town square.
Our Kula! This is where we cooked,…
Our Kula! This is where we cooked…
Kastel Kambelovac Sights & Attractions review
Best music festival in all of Croatia
Last summer, I was an international volunteer at the Dalmatia World Music Festival in Kastel Kambelovac, Croatia, just outside of the port city of Spl… read entire review
Kastel Kambelovac