Getting ready to go!

Kailua-Kona Travel Blog

Well, I'll be off to eastern europe in less than a month. Can you believe it?! I have about a week left at Four Seasons and then my 18th birthday (oh how quickly I grow) on July 1!
    July 3 I fly to Oahu and have an overnight, fly into LAX then an overnight in Chicago! From Chicago I fly to Frankfurt, Austria, and the finally Split, Croatia! It's literally going to take me three days to get there.....but Chicago will be fun. I'm staying in a hostel in a really nice area of the city. I'll arrive in Split in the late afternoon and then head off to my hostel, www.splithostel.com. My project starts on the 9th, so I'll take a ferry to Kastel Kambelovac.
    From there, it's all in the air! I "plan" on staying a few more days in Split, going up to Budapest, and bungee jumping in Ljubljana, Slovenia. BUT, the point of this trip is EXPERIENCE! I've already done the whole organized, living from a suitcase and tour guide trip through Europe. This is my trip. I'm going in order to learn to adapt in any situation.
    Why go alone? I have several reasons. 1) No one had the dinero to go with me. 2) No one had the guts to make it happen. 3) I want to go and see whatever I want, when I want. 4) I want to meet people along my travels that can become my life-long friends. 5) Why not?! I'm an adventurous kind of person and if this year has taught me anything, it's that the only way I will ever accomplish what I want, is if I do it myself.
    So there you have it. I'll soon be off on my amazing trip. If you would like to contact me, my email is lanalinhart@hotmail.com or go to my myspace.

Enjoy the ride!
Lana Linhart

travelman727 says:
Good for you! Explore as much of our big, beautiful world as possible, especially while you are young :-D
Posted on: Jun 18, 2007