Oh Bloody Hell

Enniskillen Travel Blog

the house :)

The Irish like to cuss a lot. I really like that about them. They also like to drink a lot. As soon as I got into the house where I am staying in Northern Ireland my host mom offered me a gin and tonic and said "welcome to ireland, have a drink". I think I'm going to like it here. And they have a tipi!!! I slept in it one night it was pretty sweet. Actually we had a wee party in it, me and my host's nephew and his 2 friends. They got me far too wasted. Drinks are much cheaper in bars up here in Northern Ireland then they were in Dublin. I bought a round of drinks for 4 people and it only cost me 9.45£! The guinness also isn't as good, even up here. Dublin is the place to drink guinness. It almost makes me want to move there.

When they picked me up from the bus station we drove through Boa Island and made a stop to see some ancient headstones. No one really know what significance they have, but apparently there aren't any others like them around.

I committed to 2 weeks here before I arrived and I think I will stay longer. My host family is so great! And they put up with me even though I don't know how to work their shower, or toaster, or oven, or washing machine, or anything really. There's the parents and then 2 kids, a boy (age 7) and a girl (age 10). They are pretty funny kids man. The other day I caught the boy with the vacuum attachment down his pants. Oh bloody hell.

Selina and Rachel