A windmill stop and settling in to my amazing beachfront apartment

Costa Teguise Travel Blog

I stopped in Gautiza for a quick view of the hill covered with cactus and a windmill at the top. The Jardin de Cactus is located here. I will return for a good exploration.

I was hungry and really wanted to go ahead and check-in. I returned to Costa Teguise and stopped at a grocery to pick up some supplies for the next three days. The apartment was ready and I was amazed at what I was given. The location was perfect. It was just a few feet from the beach, a protected one, but a beach. This side of the island has mostly rocky beach areas so this one was created with golden sand. I had my own patio with table and chairs and chaise lounges.

I even had my own palm tree. My view out was also a waterfall and a palm lined pool across the way.

The apartment was amazing. Many people live in less space that I had. There was a decent sized bedroom with double bed, a full kitchen with burners, oven, micro, dishwaher, and big fridge (bigger than mine in Amsterdam). There was a good sized living room with large couch and chair. Also a dining areas rounded out the apartment. I so wish Rob could have been here for the experience as I think I was maybe a bit wasted on only me.

After unpacking and having a nice late lunch, I headed back out to see what the property had to offer. I walked around the beach area and through the largest of the 7 pools. The coast was just behind the property. I walked out along a jetty and enjoyed it but, realized that the created beach was really much nicer than the real one, at the location. This is a planned holiday village community…no real soul but, I’m surprised that with all of the locations with beautiful beaches……why this one? I guess it proves that people will come, anyway. If you like me….just stay the night and go find the beautiful beaches, yourself.

Costa Teguise