The real El Paso?......atleast as far as La Palma is concerned.

El Paso Travel Blog

I decided to cut across the southern central section of the island, the land that lays immediately south of the volcano. The Tom Tom had me route through the tiniest of road and up inclines that cars should not be on……oh well, I made it!

I stopped in El Paso because I was struck by amazing colors and details in their city center. This town was not afraid of bold color. It looked like someone only chose the brilliant Caribbean colors and it was great. The details, also, were geometric but with a flair of design for interest…..very special.

Just a bit past El Paso, I hoped that the road north into the Caldera, at the visitor’s center, would be open. I would give it a try. It wasn’t and even the center was closed.

So, I decided to just return to Santa Cruz and see some more of the city. As I drove through mountains between, the rain started……and continued.

The tunnel at Cumbre Nueva, takes you through one of the biggest mountain ranges and exits just south of Santa Cruz. The mountains on this side are different than that of the west…..different vegetation and just a different feel. West is more tropical and east is more Tennessee.

El Paso