White sand, blue-green water, sea shells - my paradise on Lanzarote

Orzola Travel Blog

From here, I continued north to the Jameos del Aqua but, I saw that Orzola was only a few kilometers passed. I remembered that I had seen beautiful beaches here, on postcards. I was in need of a truly beautiful beach.

Just south of the village, it happened, the black volcanic landscape gave way to a bit of white sand. I came upon a cove and could see turquoise waters glistening and calling to me.

This is what I had wanted to find and here it was. The landscape before me was a beautiful as a painting. The differing greens of the grasses and cacti, black volcanic rock, white sand, dark blue and turquoise water. There were so many colors.

I walked along the beach, my feet in the cool water.

The waves crashing but not angry…..very soothing to me. There were on two others on my beach, I would share. I walked along and noticed that there were some tiny, almost see through, nautilus like shells. A white sand beach with turquoise water, almost alone and I find shells. It couldn’t get much better.

While walking the beach I hadn’t realized that I had dropped one of my sandals. I had made it back to the dunes and was starting my trek across them to leave. I retraced my steps and found the lone sandal waiting for me by the water. I think that it wanted to stay. I can certainly understand. Maybe someday I can return to this spot. I am very lucky to have found it in the first place…….I’ll take that and be happy.

On my walk back to the car, I stopped for a beautiful tall cactus flower and found that also just behind it, someone had created a beautifully artistic circle of volcanic stones.

It looked like it could have been left my the islands original settlers….but probably not. What a nice find.

I continued on to Orozola but, was stopped again. I found another spot where the variety of colors in the water was so picturesque. I had no place to park so, I just stopped the car in the road…no one was coming, and got out and took my pictures…..how beautiful.

I entered Orozola and drive along the marina area. I continued on and parked on the other side of town….a mere 2 blocks away. The huge spine of a mountain ridge extending out into the sea was an amazing sight. There were also a couple of large rocks just off the coast in the water.

I first walked through the little village and along the marina area….not so much to see. There was some curious public fitness equipment. I was impressed. I tried a few of them out and hoped that they were being used.

At the end of the marina, I saw a path that lead to the end point of pile of volcanic rubble. Its views of the mountain’s descent into the ocean and Isla la Grasciosa, beyond, were worth the effort.

photo by: delsol67