Lago Martinez and my last evening on Tenerife

Puerto de la Cruz Travel Blog

I returned to the car and headed back to Puerto De La Cruz. It was late in the afternoon by now and I was really desiring an easy rest of the day.

On the way back, Just after reaching the northwestern coastal road, clouds moved in and took over. It was almost a whiteout! Within 5 minutes, I had driven out of it and was back in the sun and 120 km/hr…..speeding along.

I entered town and found an open parking spot, not an easy thing to do. I parked within walking distance to Lago Martinez, the lido complex designed by Cesar Manrique and the perfect spot for soaking up the sun.

I had a nice stroll along the waterfront promenade. There is a black sand beach along this stretch. Many topless pasty ladies were enjoying the suns warmth on parts of their bodies that haven’t seen the sun in a long time!!!

There was a park of low stucco walls with integrated benches, also along the promenade. It had planters of colorful flowers and trellises with flowering vines. All of this and the blue ocean behind……a dream!

I returned to the apartment and cooked a nice dinner and watched a movie before working on my blog and then packing. It was a restful night.

I have enjoyed many things about Tenerife. The quaint charm of La Orotava, El Teide’s rugged snowy peak, impressive Los Gigantes, and hiding away in Masca all made Tenerife unforgettable.

How will it compare to Lanzarote and La Palma?

Puerto de la Cruz