A lazy day before Zanzibar

Moshi Travel Blog

View from top of Osy Grand
I can't seem to send text messages today, went to the shop below the hotel and they tried my phone, they think that it is a local problem and it will be ok later. It is a lot cheaper if you buy a local sim card and call home than use your own. I went back onto the roof and decided to sit and do a bit of sketching. Wow it got hot up there, but the view is so nice. I walked to the Precision Air office again, to confirm my flight for the following morning to Zanzibar, calling back at the Deli Chez for a Watermelon juice again, this was getting to be a habit. I stopped off at the post office, I wanted to get some stamps for a neighbour of mine for her collection. They were great and in the end asked me to go behind the counter and choose from the books at my leisure what I wanted.
Looking down into back street
Back at the hotel I met another new friend, they had just arrived and were going to stay for 2 years on a project to get better prices for coffee beans for the local farmers. I visited the Salinera Hotel pool that afternoon, it was busy as they were having a wedding party later so preparation was well under way. The garden was very pretty and had some sweet smelling red jasmine. The wedding party started arrive as I was leaving, it was being led by a brass band. It was off to the Impala Hotel next, this was busy too, people were staying here for the Marathon next day. I had another tasty Marsala tea here and chatted with a local called Wilfred. He was meeting my friend there to talk about the school building project near Mariseta. Wilfred had been to see some coffee farmers that day and explained that they only get 2,000 TSH for a kilo of coffee beans.
One of the views I sketched
A kilo will make approx 200 coffees, just imagine how much profit our coffee shops are making! It was very dark when we left the Impala and went straight to the Deli Chez for our meal. The Teriyaki Chicken was so yummy! They had a power failure and very quickly handed out the lanterns that you can wind up. We didn't need them long, the electric soon came back on. Back at the hotel I packed a bag ready for my next 3 night trip to Zanzibar. I arranged for the rest of my luggage to stay in the hotel as I would be returning there. I was excited Zanzibar sounded so nice from what everyone had been telling me. I set my alarm, I needed to be up early. In fact I set 3 alarms, I just didn't want to miss the shuttle to the airport for my flight.
Salinera Hotel Garden