Stone Town

Stone Town Travel Blog

I slept really well for change, and after breakfast I checked out of the hotel and found my taxi driver Mansour waiting for me. I had arranges for him to take me to Stone Town and then onto the airport. Once in Stone Town we walked all through the alleyways. Some were very noisy with generators outside.There are lots of lovely carved doors, it must take forever to carve out. There has been a problem in Zanzibar for the past 2 months with no electricity so all the small places have to rely on generators. Went to the local markets the varieties of fish was unreal. Forodahani gardens were a lot smaller than I imagined them to be but nice all the same where you could sit and gaze out to the sea. So back at the airport which is very small everyone waited for the plane, I had to fly to Dar es Salaam change there for Kilimanjaro. On the first leg of the journey a young english girl sat by me and as we got talking discovered that we had both booked to go on the same safari the next day. Once at Kilimanjaro airport again, we waited for our luggage and off we went to find the shuttle to Moshi, but only to find that my friend had come to met me as a surprise and to drive me back. We gave my Safari partner a lift back too. Once back in Moshi we had an evening meal in the Leopard Hotel on their roof top.
Stone Town