Moshi and School Project

Tanzania Travel Blog

I woke early again, I had not slept too well, the kids at the orphanage had been in my mind all night, I will see what I can do when I'm back in the UK. Breakfast was good again and would not doubt fill me up until later that evening. Off I went on my morning walk about and found some lovely material and a tailor that would make me a skirt and top and be ready later than day. She measured me and off I went. I couldn't believe it, that she was going to make me what I wanted for 10,000 TSH. My friend arrived mid morning and we travelled to a small village 10 minutes from Moshi where he was helping a school to build 5 more classroom. They currently had 2 and an office that was used as a classroom too.
They were only able to take pupils for half a day as they don't have the space, but soon all will be able to take a full days education. The head of the school showed me around and I asked to look at the type of work that the pupils had been doing. I couldn't believe that they only have 2 books to teach each class from, one for the teacher and the pupils share the other. She also said that they were now out of date and needed to save to get some more. I questioned how much they were and where to get them from, there were some shops in Moshi that sold the text books and they were 5,000 TSH each. This is just a couple or so UK pound or USD. After the school we went onto Machame and the hospital project. My friend is also helping to get a nurses training accommodation block built.
It was coming on great and they had done more than was expected to date. There were many people outside the hospital some were cooking, it is up to the relatives to take food to the patients. The young pregnant Masai were camping outside, they know that it will soon be time to give birth and are afraid of death in child birth so camp very close by for help when it is needed. We moved on after to have a swim in the Protea Hotel close by. It is a beautiful hotel, the grounds are kept really well, everything so clean. It would be a fantastic hotel to stay in, 115 USD per night for a room we were told. As we swam and relaxed by the pool, we saw lots of monkeys playing in the trees around us. It was time to move on back to Moshi where went had our meal at El Rancho, lovely Indian food so much choice, again the power went off, but it gets sorted without any fuss.