Moshi

Tanzania Travel Blog

My First view of Mount Kilimanjaro
I got up at 8am showered and looked out of my window and saw the first sight of Mount Kilimanjaro, before down to breakfast, which was fresh fruit juice, selection of fruits, toast, egg and coffee. My friend arrived not long after and off we went to get a few things that I needed. The sounds and smells in the street were great. I could hear the traditional African music and smell sweet pineapples and other fruits that were being sold on the street corners. We went into a cafe called the Deli Chez the watermelon juice was delicious. Lunch time I got to try the local Samosas and a cup of Marsala Tea (Spiced tea made with milk)I got hooked on this. The afternoon it was time to go hunting for a swimming pool to have a dip in. My friend had found the Impala Lodge Hotel, lovely colonial style with a small pool all to ourselves. (Good job really, I swam in my underwear and t shirt) We stayed here right through sunset then off to the Indioitaliano Restaurant. It was a popular choice and had 2 large groups of young volunteers eating together. (There was a massive menu to choose from, and it was very tasty and cheap, 7500 TSH for a main meal)It had almost been 24 hours of me being there and so we drove to the airport to collect my luggage. I hoped it would be there. I had to wait for all the passengers that had arrived that day before I was allowed in, I tried to look to see if my case was on the conveyor belt, couldn't see it, then yes I saw it, a happy reunion with my belongings.
Kili from my room