Moshi

Tanzania Travel Blog

So I wake to my last day. I must go and buy some things to take back home, so off I go to the market and found the Masai stall from a few days ago. Mateus remembers me and we do a lot of business which makes his day. The carved wooden mask and pictures were a bargain. Next I find some typical African music, I need the sound to go with my memories. Next stop the tailor, she saw me down the street and came running to greet me. She had made a brilliant job, and fitted so perfect, she also made a purse and head scarf to match. I had all my treasures so headed off back to the hotel and packed them all away before checking out of my room. I wasn't leaving though until late that day so they would store my luggage. My friend came and I then helped chose some curtains for the little house that he had found and managed to rent for the rest of the time he is out there.
Next, one last day at the Impala pool, it was busy there today, lots of volunteers taking a swim too. I had my last fix of Masala tea and a snack before heading back to Osy Grand Hotel for my luggage and final farewell to them. I really didn't want to go back to the UK it had been -4 a few night ago and I was in 28 degrees. We made the airport and said my goodbye to my friend, just before moving on through to check in and departure lounge, I asked him to take the rest of my Tanzanian Shilling to go to the shop in Moshi to buy some books for the school, there was enough to get 10 new books. We took off on time to the short flight to Dar es Salaam to pick up more passengers to Amsterdam.
Carved Statue outside Impala Hotel