We are in ROME!!!

Rome Travel Blog

Well, after a long flight and time in the airports, we are in Rome.  My 1st impression, nice and cleaner than I expected from the airport.  Strange tall trees with old and new building mixed together.  Termini center train station is BIG and not as easy to get around with a lot of luguage.  We rode the express train into the city center for 12E.  We purchased the Rome Tourist pass for 25E. The package includes 3 days of Metro on rail/bus and 2 site visits with discounts to others.

I went to the Colusum by myself.  The other could get out of bed so I went just before sunset and took some nice pictures.  I walked for miles.  The guys got up once I return to the hotel around 7pm.  We ran into a nun a 2nd time on the bus from the hotel.  She met her once at the centeral train station when we arranged in Rome earlier that day.  She is from Nigeria, but lives in Rome for the past 7 years.  She is studying nusing at the near by hospital from our hotel.  She was very nice.  She took us to find a resturant and I give her my e-mail address to keep in contact.

photo by: vulindlela