Day 13

San Francisco Travel Blog

Today was legendary. So we managed to pull ourselves out of bed today and hit up brunch at this place called Lime with another one of my friends who happens to live in the city. She loves this place and eats there almost every weekend. The big draw is the bottomless mimosas - what a way to start the day off right. After brunch, we roll to Lupe's house (the friend from brunch) to hang out for a bit and then head off to North Beach neighborhood. They were having some festival today. Apparently San Francisco has all of these free festivals during the summer that everyone shows up for. What a great city. The festival is jumping, so much so that we can't even get up to the booth to get drinks. Erica wasn't feeling the crowds so we dropped her off at Gene's crib and head back to North Beach. Before braving the crowds at the festival we decide to go to a bar to get some drinks, and that place was packed. Another fascinating thing about San Francisco is that people there seem to love to drink during the day. Nevertheless, we end up staying in the bar for the better part of the afternoon hanging out. We end up hooking up with some of Gene's friends and going to another bar in a different part of town for some pre-dinner drinks. While there we met up with Erica and her friends who live in San Fran before heading to a Sushi restaurant, where we met up with a couple more of my friends who live in San Fran (I know, we have a lot of friends that live in San Fran). The sushi wasn't the greatest, but we had a blast. After downing some chow, we made our way to a beer pong bar - I kid you not. This place only served beer by the pitcher and had tables and plastic cups so everyone can enjoy the great game of beer pong. We tore that place up with our huge group and it was a great time. That's about it for Saturday, hit y'all up tomorrow.