AsiaChinaBeijing

A Day of Rest

Beijing Travel Blog

Park Plaza Beijing Wanfujing

It takes a good amount of time to get to China from the USA, 15+ hours. After some sleep and spending my day with Ray, I was pretty tired. I slept in on Friday and didn't do much that day. It was nice to hang around the hotel and not worry myself too much on being active. Tomorrow we would go to Yi Sheng Yuan to spend the weekend for Chinese New Year. I was quite looking forward to that and the day of rest was something I needed. I had dinner with a woman (Pearl) my friend Gang and his family set me up with. I think the name of the place was Jasmine, and we were both dropped off there. Who planned this anyway? Well, it was modern decor with traditional Beijing dishes and quite nice actually. Unfortunately, Pearl seemed more interested in herself than me.

Jinbao Street I
That was ok, so I suggested we split the cost. Nevertheless I was the gentleman in letting her have the first taxi home - god speed. Whew! I eventually found a taxi (after 1/2 hour waiting) and just had the driver drop me off in the general area of my hotel because he seemed distracted or confused. I started to walk the rest of the way and met some friendly women on the street, who took me to a place for a drink. I know this is not advised and I am aware of scams, but a drink sounded good. This probably was ill advised, but I did it anyway. Not very expensive to treat them and I had a nice conversation with Lily and her friend. Her friend was rather silly, but Lily seemed mature and said she was a travel guide, but currently not employed. She seemed to like me and we exchanged numbers. They were courteous enough to escort me back to my hotel, which I appreciated. They tried to ask me for an additional drink elsewhere, but I was tired and eager for bed so I could meet Gang & Family tommorrow for our weekend Chinese New Year Celebration.

spocklogic says:
A bit of an odd evening perhaps after my day of rest...
Posted on: Oct 26, 2013
TravChef says:
Wow...that's a nice adventure :)
Posted on: Oct 24, 2013
spocklogic says:
Why thank you, Tong. You make a good point too. My friend Gang tells me Pearl is engaged to be married, or perhaps iMarried - Ha Ha (an iPhone joke)!
Posted on: Dec 08, 2011