Walk Around Town

Fussen Travel Blog

view of Fussen

The bus took me back to the train station, and looking at the schedule, I had 2 hours to see the town of Fussen.

I walked around town, which was a ghost town, since it was Sunday and after 5 PM. I walked to the medieval wall, which does give the town that historic feel. Just looking at it, it almost feels like a theme park, because it does look too good to be true. And it probably is a theme park, during the summer.

I walked along the Lech River and pass by a few churches. One of them had a museum. But all of them were closed, since it was after hours. It was very cold and icy, but the snow does add to the charm, seeing it on the rooftops of homes that look historic. Plus it was nice to see the sun set on the town. And with the quietness, it does feel like I stepped back in time. Seeing the buildings and clock towers, and remembering this is actually Europe, all remind me why I love travel in the first place.

It took me over an hour, and I headed back to the hostel, to pick up my backpack. Then to the train station, where I waited until the train arrived. I hopped on it, and headed back to Munich. I did sleep part of the way.

part of Kaiser-Maximillian-Platz