Having Dinner In Munich

Munich Travel Blog

snowing in Munich

I returned to Munch, going straight to Marienplatz. Then I headed to the beer hall, and again, undecided about the buffet. I was not sure it was worth 20 euros, which translates to about 28 dollars. I figure, I'll come back the next day.

I tried to look for another place to eat, looking into the guidebook. It was not easy walking around, with the ground being icy. I did have a near slip and fall, and no idea how I regained my balance. Definitely did not want another injury. Few months back, I twisted my ankle when I slipped and fell when running on frozen ground. Only I did not know it was frozen, since I was not aware it was freezing rain, and not just rain.

Anyway, I went to Frauenkirche, the 2 clock towers, and go to the restaurant, Nurnberger Bratwurst Glockl am Dom.

beer hall
I went to the 2nd floor and sat at a table. I would have sausages with sauerkraut for dinner. Good, but I overpaid. I would have been better off at the buffet. The restaurant itself, looked like an old historic place, with the staff dressed in period costumes. An okay place, but not sure if I would return.

There was not much time left, so I hurried to the hostel to pick up my backpack. Then to the train station, bought my ticket, and quickly hopped on the train with no time left. As soon as I got on, the doors closed, and I went down looking for a seat, but could not find any. So I had to stand for some time, until a bunch of people got off. Then I sat down, and would sleep the rest of the way, as I left Munich.

WalterC says:
Yeah, it tends to happen to me a lot, as I have a hard time controlling my spending habits at times.
Posted on: Dec 18, 2015
cotton_foam says:
I hate it when trying to save $ and then ended up paying more :((
Tried German sausage & sauerkraut too in Berlin -- my very first solo Euro-city visit! :)
Posted on: Dec 17, 2015
Africancrab says:
Straight to the beer hall huh! ha-ha, nice blog Walter
Posted on: Mar 22, 2010