Arriving in the Snow

Fussen Travel Blog

I arrived in Fussen, and when getting out, it was snowing. And I did see some women with ski equipment. I must be near the Alps. I tried to follow directions from a printout, but ended up lost. The street names are not easy to make sense of, and not every intersection has a sign. One guy offered his help, but still got lost. So I stopped by a movie theater, and asked a woman, who led me to the right direction. I was able to find the hostel, LA House.

Once there, I had to call the owner on a cell phone, which was hanging on a nail near the door. Then waited until he came. When he did, I was able to check in, and getting settled there. More about the hostel itself in the review here.

After dropping my things in the room, I went to look for a grocery store, hoping to get a bottle of water. But none were open. I found a Chinese restaurant that was open, and wanted a cold drink. There was a lady trying to serve me, but a language barrier that made things difficult, and to a point, where I just gave up, because I was so close to losing my cool.

I went back to the hostel and tried to relax. I did have the room all to myself, and it seemed like the entire place to myself. I did not see another person in the hostel. I went to sleep.

cotton_foam says:
:)) I like it that you almost lost your cool!! Just kidding!!
Posted on: Dec 17, 2015
Fussen Hostels review
Great place to stay
A short walk from the train station, this hostel is a very nice place to stay at. From the window, a nice view of the area and the Alps. And a short w… read entire review
Fussen