Arriving to Prague

Prague Travel Blog

They say it is one of the nicest cities in Europe so we have been quite excited for the past week! I love planning a trip but due to my workload this last month my girlfriend had to do all the planning. This was my mother’s Christmas gift, so got lucky and found a hotel with a triple room very well located. It was next to the subway, right next to the Moldova River and 1 minute away from Charles Bridge!

There is a 2 hours flight from Barcelona to Prague. This time we bought the tickets at It was not very comfortable, as you feel as a tuna fish in a can, but it was quite economical. I could barely use my 15” macbook Pro, so you get the idea of how little seats are! ☺ Once you arrive at the Prague airport you have everything very well indicated.
You have a Currency Exchange Office and a Tourism Information Point right at the exit. You need to take the 119 bus to the center of the city. The ticket is around 29CZK, which is 1,13€. Don’t even consider getting a taxi, as for the same distance you pay around 30€! It is an Express bus to the city center, which finishes at Dejvicka. From there we got the green line until Malostranska, which was only 2 stops away! By the way, you can use the ticket for both, the bus and the subway, all included in the same price during 75 minutes.

When we exit the subway we started checking our maps to find the hotel but we could not find our way around. We asked several people and we started walking around. Damn! The subway stop was right in front of hour hotel! You just cross the park you find when you exit the subway and there it is! ☺

We checked in as fast as possible, and we left for lunch! But before leaving the room we opened up a local champagne bottle we found in our room.
It was sooooooo good! If you are planning to visit Prague you MUST try it! Or at least get some bottles at the airport so you can take them with you back to your country. Its name was “skelt semi dry” and I will definitely get some bottles at the airport on our way back.

As we didn’t have too much time to walk around looking for a restaurant we just checked our Lonely Planet and we chose the best one for that right moment! It had beautiful views over Charles Bridge. Attaching a review!

It was time to Discovery Prague, so we walked along Charles Bridge and we followed Karlova Street until we got lost walking around very narrow streets with tons of beautiful stores. In one of them there was a big “coro” around a guy with some dance music in the background.
Guess what was he doing… he was playing with a “marioneta”. It was just incredible; he was doing Michael Jackson’s moonwalk… Amazing the way he was moving it!

We kept on walking until we got to the Old Town Square. First thing we saw was the astronomic clock at the Orloj, next to the Old Town Hall. Every hour you see a large number of people waiting in front of it. In the beginning we had no idea what was going to happen, so we waited to see it. Right on time, a couple of doors opened up and we saw the 12 apostles for a few seconds! We were lucky to get three seats right in the bar located in front of it! Hehehh and as we were seeing the show, I was drinking a mojito! ;)

And right across the square, you see the Tyn Church with its beautiful towers.
It reminds you to a Walt Disney Castle! Actually I couldn’t stop taking photos! ☺ By the way, we were 0 degrees Celsius, so it was cooooold, really cold! Around 8 pm we headed back to the hotel and we decided to stop for dinner on the way. Next day we had an intense program! ☺ Right in front from where we had lunch we found a place with local food, so we had dinner there. Woaow, service in Prague is really slow, it takes you for ages to order, to be served, to get the bill! I would consider it a “slow city” with no doubt! ☺ Well, but the funny part comes now…. We sat down in a corner and as we were waiting for the food to be served, we saw some kind of pretzels on the table… we grabbed a couple, but they were really hard and did not taste good at all… Actually we couldn’t even finish one of them… then the waiter came by and took them away! We were eating the restaurant decoration! Shit, shit, shit! hehehh Later on they brought to the table the eatable ones! ☺

Problems with our Wi-Fi connection in the hotel, so I ended up working downstairs in the hall! ☹
Prague Hotels & Accommodations review
Good location, decent service
This is a very well located hotel, right in front of the castle, next to the subway and a minute way from Charles Bridge. We made our reservation usin… read entire review
Prague Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Best views over Moldova River
Woaw! What an incredible view over the Charles Bridge! Be careful while looking for the restaurant, as it is quite hidden in the street. Actually ther… read entire review
photo by: vulindlela