My Comfy Bed

Seattle Travel Blog

Last evening, after taking a nap, I decided to pack up early and rive back home. I didn't sleep well the night before, nor during my nap...strange beds sometimes have that effect on me. It didn't help that there was a screaming kid in the room next to mine...last thing I heard before going to sleep and the first thing I heard when I woke up. Driving home when I did meant that I had to drive most of the way in the dark and not able to enjoy the scenery. Before it did get dark, however, I did see a flock of about eight turkeys very close to the road, about 45 minutes into my drive. I wanted to stop to photograph them, but there was no road shoulder and there were a couple of cars behind me. Bummer. I did, however, call up my dad to tell him about them since he always goes turkey hunting. Or rather, he tries to hunt turkeys but they are too wiley for him. The one and only time he saw them during a hunt, he found a young one. Instead of killing it, he took it home to fatten up. The problem is that it turned into a pet instead of a meal. That chickens thought the turkey was God and followed it everywhere. The hunting dogs were terrified of the darn bird! The turkey wondered off the property after about a year and another hunter took him home as a meal.

My route home was slightly different from the the one I took to get to Winthrop. I drove through the town of Leavenworth and over Stephens Pass. At the pass, night skiing was going on. The lights lit up the mountainside and it was quite beautiful. Unfortunately, the pictures I tried to take of it didn't come out very good. Nor did the starry sky pictures I tried to take down the road. Too many cars drove by right near the end of my long shutter time. This happened repeatedly. Too bad, too...because one had a good chance since you could see Orion's belt in it.

When I got home, William was still at a party, so I busied myself with photo cropping/retouching. When I finally laid down in my bed, I was out in minutes. I love traveling and adventures, but I really, really love my comfy bed.
photo by: diisha392