'Made in China'

Shenzhen Travel Blog

The day before going home, we went into China, Shenzhen, to visit the shoe factory where my uncle worked.  I think he was senior vice-president in charge of quality control or something like that, at the Freetrend Shoe Factory, where they manufacture New Balance shoes.  They even sent a car to pick us up.  Our tour actually began with lunch, provided by the shoe factory.   The lunch was a mix of traditional Chinese entrees and McDonald's.  They were afraid we wouldn't like the food, so they had gone to McDonald's and gotten more than enough chicken McNuggets, french fries and fish sandwiches.  Afterwards, we toured the factory, seeing everything from the shoes being made from start to finish to designers creating new styles on computers to the kitchen area where the meals (for 10,000+ employees) were prepared.  It was really interesting to see the Chinese factory process.  Not only is it the location of the factory, but the dormitories and cafeteria for all the workers.  At the end of our visit, we even were given a new pair of New Balance tennis shoes.  Kinda cool -- except they were really ugly and I don't think I ever wore them.

ops0123 says:
HI !when will you visite SZ again!
Posted on: Nov 17, 2010