Chinese Food in China is Just Food

Hong Kong Travel Blog

My biggest regret from my trip to Hong Kong is our meals.  We were unsure of liking the food available, especially since my sister is a picky eater, so we stuck to Western options.  (American food is plentiful).  We ate McDonald's every morning for breakfast (which I typically avoid at all costs while traveling abroad, but it was near their apartment in Discovery Bay).  Lunches were at restaurants such as Ruby Tuesday and Dan Ryan's Chicago Grill.  We ate dinner at the restaurant at their apartment complex, of which they were members, the Resident's Club it was called.  We did eat at a really good Italian restaurant where I got one of the best pizzas ever.  I wish I could remember the name of the place.

We did have authentic Chinese food (what's the joke -- Chinese food in China is just food?) while at the shoe factory.  Really good egg foo yung (until having it here, I didn't know what it was, I just knew it was one of my favorite choices at the Chinese buffet at home).  They did supplement the meal with McDonald's, chicken McNuggets and fish sandwiches.