First time Camping alone - at KOA Virginia Beach

Virginia Beach Travel Blog

I've only camped once before, and that was a few weeks ago with Dan at Sasquatch - but, ever since then, and with the support of my "outdoors" guru, Dan, I've included camping in this trip.  When I talked to him about it, we both laughed at the possibility that I might camp for more than 50% of this trip.  Well, I bought a tent at REI, and found out about KOA campgrounds, and headed to their space in VA beach.

I don't know why I've never heard of KOA before, and I don't know anyone else that's ever mentioned it, but they are amazing!  A private campground with security patrol, a swimming pool, water/electric, a general store, laundromat, clean bathroom/showers, a basketball/volleyball area, free wi-fi, and tent sites are about $30 per night!!  Anyway, I was so amazed by it, that I looked at their directory (they have like 400 locations in the US), and started charting my whole trip based on KOA locations.

... More to come soon...
WaltJake says:
We stayed almost exclusively at KOA campgrounds on our cross country trip last summer...for all the reasons you mentioned!
Posted on: Jun 29, 2007