A golden city

New York Travel Blog

Times Square
Sarah and I went for coffee in the Marriot Hotel lobby. Nice view on Times Square...  I is a big round lobby, and a big building. We kind of got off on the wrong floor, and the elevator system was weird, but cool. After a subway ride towards South Ferry, we arrived at Battery Park. Walked around a little bit, waiting for the others. And there it was, live: the statue of liberty. We took the Staten Island ferry to get a closer look. In the meantime we also got a great view on the city.
Quickly hopped on the ferry heading back to Manhattan and we had lunch at Chipotle. Very tasty and spicy.
We went further along and saw the famous Broadway/Wall Street bull... Funny little animal. Wall street was a bit further down, and I saw George Washington, and Tiffany's and that's about it.
A billboard
It was a Sunday, so little businessmen. Ground zero, just across Wall Street, was strange. It is hard to imagine that there used to be 2 huge skyscrapers there.

We came across the Brooklynn Bridge and crossed it at the perfect time. The sun was setting, so you had this amazing glow over the city. One of those rare moments where you truly feel alive and in aw for nature. After a few detours, we marched onto the Brooklynn promenade. It had become dark and the view on Manhattan was spectacular.

Ian (TB) and I went onto the Empire State Building. I did not know what to say. It was such an enlightning view. We tried to place known buildings, which is not that easy at night. Anyway, it almost felt like Christmas with all the lights ;).
nathanaelleramon says: