Personal NYC guide

New York Travel Blog

View from Bryant Park
I woke up quite early and decided to take a morning sniff of New York's fresh air. I'm not kidding, New York does not smell like a city! Bryant Park, NYC public library, Fifth Avenue... Bought some gloves AND legwarmers in the nearest H&M and at 9 the TravBuddies and me met up at Times Square Information Center. There were only a few people that showed up, but in the end maybe it was better this way. I got my first real American Starbucks coffee, together with Sarah (also on TB), and after waiting a bit we decided to go up the top of the Rock. Amazing view!
Next, we walked to Grand Central Station, where Tom, a local, tracked us down. He was a great guide. He showed us all these great places along our walk and he knew so much. We saw the UN building, Astor Place, Washington Square Park with its universities, Greenwich Village, Bleeker Street, Prince Street and then we ended up in Tribeca where we would meet other people from the TB site.
Nice dinner, nice food, not nice price...
After dinner, the good samaritan did not want me and Sarah to take the subway, so thanks to him, I was able to jump into my first real yellow cab.
Dr_Seuss says:
Happy Days :)
Posted on: Mar 05, 2010
bugjuice says:
Yeah sorry about the price of the food, I do feel bad about it. Am glad you enjoy your trip.
Posted on: Mar 05, 2010