any way the wind blows

new white desert Travel Blog

Wops! The time I'm writing this is already in August 2010 so I don't remember that much anymore but I'll give it a go. So I ended up again in fox country but had a very pleasant night full of rest. The landscape changed again as I walked further and further, less and less stones. Here and there we saw a little well where we could take some water or wash up, the water didn't look that fresh but who cares, hehe. In the evening we put up base camp near a big natural stone obelisk and it was very very windy! Near to the obelisk were some large stones so I decided to put my sleeping mat on the not windy side of the stone. Through the ages the wind must have blown sand away from the stones so I had a little shelter, again surrounded by sand and stone. The sun was still up, but I knew from former days it wasn't about to take long so I used the half-hour opportunity to go to a little oasis 'nearby', or so I thought. I could see the palm tree, would have guessed some 2 kilometres. When I think about it I think it was 4, lol. So I returned in dark because I stayed too long at the oasis to enjoy the view in everything and nothing.

new white desert