London Calling.. - day 1

London Travel Blog

After a long overnight flight with barely any sleep I finally arrive in London around lunch time. I took the underground from Heathrow airport to Russell Square Station, and went to check into my hotel (imperial hotel london).

After a quick change of clothes i headed over to the Royal National to the Contiki Basement to get my london package. *my original plan after this was to go on the open top bus tour, but they told me it stopped running at 5ish so i decided to wait. So instead i went to a corner store, bought a map, and began wandering :) I wandered around the area of russell square for a while, then headed over to Pancreas rail station to try to the find the platform 9 & 3/4's thing, but couldn't find it anywhere (felt stupid to ask) so i just gave up.

I got some fish and chips at a little diner, then took the underground out to the tower of london, and walked around the river area for a couple hours taking pictures of tower bridge and all the colorful little elephants.

I got back to my hotel around 11pm and decided to call it a night, seeming I heading to Liverpool in the morning...

HMS Belfast & Tower Bridge
HMS Belfast & Tower Bridge
Tower Bridge
Tower Bridge
walking over Millennium bridge
walking over Millennium bridge
London Hotels & Accommodations review
my room was small with a twin bed, which i guess is pretty average for europe. It was right in the middle of the city so there was always something to… read entire review
5,699 km (3,541 miles) traveled