I Love Quito

Quito Travel Blog

Quito is amazing, period. Its a clean, safe, beutiful, fun, young and exciting place. At the same time, theres tons of history and diversity. What else more do you need in life?

Theres basically two main parts of the city, Old Town and New Town. Our hostel is in New Town, along with pretty much every other hostel in town. Theres tons of bars, restaurants, clubs and pretty much everything else you need to go out and have fun. The whole neighborhood consists of tiny one lane cobblestone roads that weave in and out of modern cafes and discos blarring regeaton and cumbia. Its cool, a mix of the new world and old world. We went out in New Town everynight, its definitley the place to be for locals and tourists.

Then you have Old Town, which is equally just as cool. This neighborhood has kept its traditional Spanish architecture and history. Its beutiful! Theres three huge main plazas in the area that are surrounded by 500 year old churches, colorful colonial buildings and monuments. Theres also tons of modern museums and other cultural activities going on non stop, its the heart of Quito. As our nights were spent in New Town, our days were passed in Old Town.

So, basically, as you can already see, its a perfect balance between crazy nights and educational days, yea, I know, Im a nerd, but seriously, its great! However, a place can never truly be considered amazing unless it has cool people, and yep, Ecuadrians are extremely friendly and very open to foreigners. In fact, they are so friendly that a few Ecuadorianas that we met took us all over the city and cooked us traditional meals. They are by far the most toursit friendly people I have met.

So it looks like Quito passes the test! Definitely come if you ever have the chance, I swear you will not regret it. So far, out of all the cities that we have passed through in my 3 weeks of traveling Latin America, Quito is definitely one of my favorites.

Tomorrow, we take off to Colombia. Im extremely excited and cant wait to explore the country. However, I must admit, I am a little nervous to travel through the county side by bus. The FARC is the last thing I want to know in this country. Well, I got to go, got a long day of travel tomorrow starting at 4am! Ill keep you posted from Cali, chau!

Quito