Bangkok once again.

Bangkok Travel Blog

We arrived at Bangkok Suvarnibum at around 3.15. We had pre-arranged a car to take us to our hotel. The Shangri-La. We splurged a little for our last few nights and had booked a de-luxe balcony room in the Krungthep wing. Very swanky and even had our own personal butler!  Beautiful room with fantastic views over the river. For a special treat, this hotel really is something else.

We felt a little uncomfortable with the butler, who wanted to do everything for us…..right down to running the bath.

It’s been a few years since we last visited River City Shopping complex, so we jumped on a river taxi and headed up river.

The first and second floors of this complex are mainly for tourists. There are some nice silk shops, boutiques, tailors, jewellers, art galleries, leather products stores and gift shops offering all sorts of goods. The third and fourth floors are mainly art and antique shops which are just fantastic, even for a confirmed non-shopper like me.

For dinner we went to the Riverview Restaurant on the second floor.

Lovely little restaurant serving great traditional Thai food, and offering great views of the river. Many of the river dinner cruise boats embark here, so it’s quite entertaining. Not at all expensive and highly recommended.

We headed back to our hotel for an early night as we had quite a lot planned for the next day. Sitting on our balcony just taking in all the river action, we were treated to a fireworks display, which I think was put on by the Oriental, just next to us. I believe they do this display every Saturday night around 9.00.

Bangkok Hotels & Accommodations review
Sheer indulgence in Bangkok.
This has to be one of the best places to stay in Bangkok. Lynda and I stayed here for two nights.It was just fantastic in all departments from the del… read entire review
photo by: halilee