Revelstoke Travel Blog

Day 2 of Revelstoke Ski Adventure

Wake up today for another start of this adventure. Today will be my first day of skiing in this amazing little town. I get up just before 7am as motel breakfast starts at 7am. I get all my gear together and put my skis into the car. Then make my walk across parking lot to the breakfast room. Breakfast is perfect food for skiing. For selection of food were all sorts of cereals, toast, waffles, coffee, juices, muffins and a few other things. Very nice set up in the room with nice round wooden tables.

The other people by this time were coming in for breakfast and all were there to ski for the day. I had a ski and stay package here so I was able to buy a lift ticket from front desk for a discounted price, very convenient.

fog over the valley B and W photo

I then go and get my jacket and set off into the car to head for a day of skiing. The ski lifts open around 815am so I want to get there for first run. I drive my way through town; very easy drive as there is only one traffic light, which flashes green all the time. I make my way up the hill and to the Nelson Lodge, nice big parking lot a waits. I then park the car near the front of the parking lot and get ready. Once I struggle to get my ski boots on and grab my skis and walk to the gondola. I am very excited for this.

Make my way up the gondola, and enjoy the stunning view of the valley of Revelstoke. I get to top of gondola and then ski down to the chair lift and make my way to the top of the mountain.

Thanks to the high-speed lifts that are available.

First run is to the left down this green and blue level run. Very easy but a good way to get orientated with this area. I ski down and enjoy the experience.

Soon I graduate more into more black diamond runs and gain more confidence to ski in this area. I also later on during the day ski the Ripper chair on the north bowl. So far this is the best place I have ever skied. During the day or half waypoint I go for meal break at the mid lodge, which is almost all the way down the hill. Nice lodge with good food and a nice flat screen TV.

I could go on with my day of skiing, more or less challenging myself on many hills and enjoying the experience. That was pretty much my whole day of skiing on the hill. No wipeouts at all.

look up at ski hill

Then pack everything up and drive back to my Swiss Chalet Motel in the town.

Rest of the evening is spent watching the Olympic games, on TV. I do head out to the pub of the Village Idiot for a bite to eat and some beer.

Overall a peaceful and quiet night and will be considering to take it easy as I have another big day of skiing tomorrow.

Stay tuned for next day!

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

at the top of ski hill - notice the cloud cover below

Day 2 of Revelstoke Ski Adventure

Wake up today for another start of this adventure.

more of the fog down below

Thanks to the high-speed lifts that are available.

Once at the top of the mountain there is a great view of the valley with a fog hovering all over the town. Looks very neat and mysterious. Now is the time to figure out what run to start out with.

Near the end of the day, last run was at 330pm to which I found myself the last person up the chair, which was getting my monies worth, I thought. Ski my last run and make my way back to the bottom of the mountain. Once there take my skis off and walk back to the car. By this time the parking lot was one big mud hole, so I was walking in lots of mud.

Then pack everything up and drive back to my Swiss Chalet Motel in the town.

Stay tuned for next day!

look up at ski hill
at the top of ski hill - notice th…
at the top of ski hill - notice t…
upper warm up hut