Day 1 of Ski Adventure Trip

Revelstoke Travel Blog

Revelstoke Adventure Day 1 Feb 19 2010

Here is my blog of my 5 day ski trip adventure to Revelstoke, BC, Canada.
Head off to the Canadian province of British Columbia to do my yearly ski trip. This year I decided on going to the resort of Revelstoke in the town of same name.

Get up this morning for my 630am flight to Kelowna BC. Have a good breakfast of oatmeal and get my ride to the Thunder Bay International Airport. I am flying with the airline WestJet today, one of Canada�s finest!
I get on board the plane and have a nice windows seat.

rental car Hyundai Elantra
I have to fly to Toronto first and then layover an hour then fly to Kelowna BC. The flight from Thunder Bay to Toronto is the usual, hour and 30 minute flight, very smooth. Finally land in Toronto at Toronto Pearson Airport. I Get off the plane and check my gate for my connecting flight which is not a long walk away. I grab an expensive airport sandwich as it will be a long time till i get to eat real food probably.
I go and sit and eat my sandwich in the departure lounge. During this time, they announce that my flight, the on board entertainment system is off line, therefore they were handing out newspapers to everyone for entertainment.
Finally board the plane and take off for Kelowna, BC, Canada. It is about a 3 hour and 45 minute flight to get to Kelowna. The flight is good to Kelowna, I have a window seat and the chairs beside me were totally empty.
So lots of space. I was able to get a few hours of napping time. I wake up later on to take my medication for this infection I had the previous days, no worries all good now. Have some complimentary orange juice from Julie the flight attendant.
Soon arriving to Kelowna, I see and look down and see the Canadian mountains at this time, very amazing. We finally approach into Kelowna airport and about 45 minutes early, amazing time!

Get off the plane and collect my bag at the airport, where it seems many other people have come to this area for a ski trip as well. I get my bag and then register to get my Rental Car from Hertz. Good deal and the car I get is a Hyundai Elantra, not bad at all. Being a small airport I have easy access to the area and able to set my GPS And drive off up the main highway.
On route to Revelstoke I am driving by the Lake Okanagon and area.
Nelson Lodge at Ski Resort
No snow in this area, actually feels like a spring day. After an hour of driving I arrive in city of Vernon and decide to make a stop. I stop at local grocery store to pick up some snacks then to the Liquer Store and pick up a good deal on Bud Light. 15 cans for like 10 bucks not bad at all. Then I was hungry, so for convenience I decide to go across the street to Burger King and have a Whopper and fries. I know this is a meal of death, but only eat like this once of twice a year. Overall was not a bad change, even though Burger King is not exactly your definition of fine dining! I then continue my journey towards Revelstoke and so far still no snow anywhere. However the scenery in this area is truly amazing, god�s country as one could say.
ski resort

After a while I am now about 15 km near Revelstoke and finally seeing snow, so looks like skiing shall be happening. I get into the valley of the town and the views are amazing of many snow capped mountains. I just drive up the main route and pull into the accommodations of Swiss Chalet Motel. Looks like a nice little place, and check out my review of this fine place. I check in and then bring my bags into my nice little room and then relax and figure out the rest of the evening.
I realize I need to go get my rental equipment. So I drive one minute down the street to the store Powder Rentals and go inside. It is a new store and is run by this one guy who likes a like a veteran of the ski and boarding community.
I get my skis and then drive up to the ski resort to just check it out. Too late in the day to do a ski but just too excited to see it all. I then head back to motel and drop my stuff off.
downtown Revelstoke

Later in the evening make a walk to the downtown section of the little town. It is a very peaceful town and quite attractive. Not a whole lots going on but still good to check out. I go to the Regent Hotel and go for a drink at the local pub and watch some Olympics on the big screen TV.
It is going to be an early morning tomorrow and early to bed tonight. As my main focus to come here is to do the amazing skiing. Do not want to miss a single moment of it.
Return to the motel and get into bed and turn on the heat and set my alarm for tomorrow morning. As breakfast starts at 7am, So I want my first picks.

View more information at my travel blog "Exciting World Travel" at www.excitingworldtravels.com

cimtech says:
Congratulations on your featured..!
rheagirl says:
Congrats! Congrats! :)
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured blog!! :D
Okanagon Valley
Approaching Vernon, BC
Approaching Vernon, BC
On route on my journey
On route on my journey
views of another lake in the mount…
views of another lake in the moun…
fancy lodge in distance
fancy lodge in distance
inside of my motel room. yes I am …
inside of my motel room. yes I am…
view from other side