not much to see nothing to do

Vientiane Travel Blog

Vientiane Tuk-Tuk
My first impression about Vientiane is the city is like a big town with proper tarmac road network though uncongested traffic or inescapable buildings next to next. There seems to be a lot of planting and the highest building is no taller than 3-4 storeys. It was at the dusk that I found reasonable guesthouse Nita Inn for $8 per night.

In the morning I wandered around but ended up into internet because the town doesn't have really interesting sight, unauthentic and boring.Partly due to the location I stayed perhaps. The other 2 town Vang Vien and Luang Prabang supposed to be exciting than Vientiane. The hype from most travelers Vang Vien is the place to go and Luang Prabang under Unesco World Heritage Site has to be seen.
Vientiane Laos
Indecisive which town to go first. Vang Vien only 3 hours away and Luang Prabang 8 hours. The Guesthouse owner kept on pushing for Luang Prabang leaving the next day that I would be staying another night at his guesthouse. I was bored and couldn't wait to leave Vientiane so I bought ticket for Vang Vien. Cost me 60000 Lao Kip. shitload of zero.

Later I checked out and went for lunch. Only couple quid left that I changed my leftover $20 sing dolar and stumbled into tourist office. I wouldn't want to risk my return journey from Laos back to Thailand by bus as peculiar story 'coach journey from hell'. I opted an option flying from Luang Prabang to Bangkok and made enquiry price and availability. It was a high season, ticket sold fast, for the next 5 days were sold out both Bangkok Airways( $176) and Laos Airline ($163).
won't risk myself for street food
Luckily there was one seat available on the 8th and it was sold to me.
Back to the guest house, waiting after waiting the schedule bus leaving at 2 pm hasn't arrived.

Finally a tuk-tuk fetched me up to where the actual bus was. Arriving at the bus I felt being conned, just like any other horrible story among travellers in Laos. The promised VIP aircond bus was broken, 50 years old bus with broken fan inside. And it was already filled up with 20 years old American Gapyearer marking 2 seats for one. Did you all pay for 2?So I walked up the aisle untill the back seat. It was boilng hot inside . The rich brats got 2 seats for one, bigger legroom, an Aussie couple seating next to me complained how unfair it was. Soon afterward one by one passengers filling up the empty seats and until all fully seated. We at the back seat didn’t feel indignant.
Vientiane Laos
wont risk myself for street food
won't risk myself for street food
VIP bus from Vientiane to Luang Pr…
VIP bus from Vientiane to Luang P…
night market in Vientiane