I'm food poisoning and weak and delayed..

Aranyapathet Travel Blog

Bangkok - Aranyapathet train ride
So feeling weak and no appetite in eating I braved out taking the train from Bangkok to Aranyaparthet. The everyday train stops many stations on the way for about 4 hour’s journey. Earlier plan was taking the bus that I would manage to arrive Siem Reap-Angkor Wat on the same day. It’s unlikely I could have arrived Siem Reap with the crossing border security and scam hassle coming on my way.

Finally I arrived Aranyaparthet at 6pm and there were foreign travelers in the same ride that I teamed up with this Danish guy for a tuk-tuk bringing to Thai-Cambodian.It's exactly what people been saying that to pass through Thai-cambodian border the tuk tuk will divert your way to their 'consulate of choice'' where you'll be charged overpriced visa processing. I teamed up with Martin to Poipet (Cambodian side) and the tuk-tuk unnoticedly diverts its way to this consulate (there was another couple from our train ride as well behind us) and charged 1200 Baht for visa. I knew I that I don't need a visa as I'm Malaysian but the so called'officer'strongly requested 200 baht for tax or something which I knew a complete bullshit. I argued that’s not going to happen and he made up a ridiculous reasons which later I left without paying him any money (only the tuk tuk ride that is). When we arrived at the border we realized to obtain a visa it was only 1000 baht and I wasn't needed to pay any money whatsoever. And we walked along the road for a guest house.

Poipet is rhyme with 'toilet'' the guesthouse was a shithole. Since the border closing at 8pm and I didn't want to pay a hefty money for taxi to Siem Reap, I stayed at Poipet guest house waited for early morning the next day.
Aranyapathet