The end of Indonesian quest...next time Komodo,Kupang and Raja Ampat !

Batu Bolong Travel Blog

From Java to Lombok I would say this was one of the best experience to date. Through highs and lows, I learned the routine life of lower to middle class Indonesian. Good and bad people are everywhere always equates what a country is. The good always out-weight the bad.

The homestay I stayed in Senggigigi was one of memorable stay as the owner welcomed on a warm hand, trust and friedship bound on the get go. One of the owner who was once worked in Malaysia asked for a favour sending some souvenir to her foster family. She was working as a maid to one of Malaysian family whose having disabled kid,being her adopted son. In return I was treated no different than her family, lunch and breakfast and sent to the airport. The owner who runs the losmen paired with other housewifes has other laundry and small souvenir shop in the compund. Once she saw me walking to souvenir shop opposite and later asked if I had bought any, she insisted on giving me souvenir shirt. I wouldn't say no of course. So on the final night when the town incidently blacked-out, we hung-out at the communal table, the owners handed me a parcel to be forwarded to her adopted family, and as a courtesy I got memorablia t-shirt.

I'm very sure I'll come back to Lombok one day. Of all places i've been this trip, Lombok was the only minimal time spent. And the Indonesian chain of Archipelago don't stop here, Sumbawa, Komodo for Komodo Dragon, Flores, East Timor and Dili ; I just have to pick it up where I left it of.

Batu Bolong