Hardly seen traces of Tsunami

Phuket Travel Blog

Morning in Patong Beach

Finally I landed my foot on beautiful Phuket Island. Good thing living at the border is I have an option on flying the cheaper airline. Airasia and Tiger Airways both operated in Changi Airport that I found Tiger Airways sometimes cheaper. Arriving Phuket Airport luckily there was prepaid shuttle minivan to preferred guesthouse. Public bus is purposely seems inexistent in Phuket island as it kills the turnover from tourist business that is tuk-tuk or shuttle van. The island located just above the border between Thailand and Malaysia where Langkawi Island is allegedly to be its rival.

Phuket is internationally renowned for its beautiful beaches and less conservative nature where else Langkawi is old-fashioned in Islamic country. Therefore international tourist preferred Phuket as to less cultural /local sensitivity barrier in enjoying days in the sun.
Phuket Tower in Patong beach
I stayed in Karon Beach, my choice in avoiding the congested massively of humans in Patong Beach. Karon is more family oriented beach where older European tourists (mostly) having a flesh party. And seeing older European men with young Thai girl isn’t uncommon thing in Phuket.The 2004 Asian Tsunami washed away badly Khao Lak about 80km north of Phuket, Patong Beach and Karon. The rebuilding of the coast done immediately and it's hardly to see the trace of tsunami.

On my last day in Phuket before boarding the flight to Udon Thani, I wandered around Patong Beach and later got tottally pissed off when the shared minivan to Airport were fully booked. That left me only one option by private taxi which was ridiculously expensive. 600 Bath one way to Phuket Airport ! My mistake I didn’t book it in advance.
Patong Beach