Getaway to Laos

Udon Thani Travel Blog

Udon Thani
This getaway town to Laos on the north of Thailand has a cool and dry temperature. Arriving at Udon Thani Airport I quickly ran toward information counter for any shuttle bus/minivan to the border. 200 Baht to the border that i thought bring the passengers to Laos side but it was only to Thai exit checkpoint. I was wanting to seat at the front seat of the minivan but there was a hot stylish Lao girl that wanted too. And I let her have it as she says, she's likely got puke or feelling nausueaus sitting at the back. I was surprised she was very warm hearted to show the direction from Udon Thani to Laos.

Off the minivan left the airport for approximately 2 hours journey to Thai checkpoint. I thought it would carry us straight to Laos side but we were dropped off and by a local bus we were passing the ‘Friendship Bridge’ bringing us to Laos checkpoint. No visa needed for me and got my passport stamped for 30 days entry, the said Laos lady patiently waited me up and even paid me 20 Bath tax or something. Later I repay her back as her genuine favor really fascinates me. She was on her way to her hometown in Vientiane that this normal route is her usual trail that she took a ‘jumbo’ ( term for minivan) from there. I was looking for something cheaper ride together with local that I got on public bus to Vientiane.

Udon Thani airport