Dusk in Angkor

Siem Reap Travel Blog

Angkor Wat Cambodia
Arriving Siem Reap, the taxi driver stopped his taxi in the middle of these 'predator tribe' (the touts that is) and he left us being harassed on our own. Seriously the driver just vanished after he stopped his car. The Japanese boys and I dumbfounded, what to do?. The tuk-tuk and moto driver say it’s Cambodian regulation that all taxi driver have to stop at the place and further ride inside town have to be by tuk-tuk or Moto. And they say a ride to preferred guest house is free and surprisingly turns out true. ONLY there were chain effects after that. On the way to Jasmine Lodge-the guesthouse that I made booking earlier, the tuk-tuk driver tried every possible way to divert me on HIS guesthouse. No surprise then. He entailed his passengers on every move for a town/Angkor wat day sightseeing tour.

I was sold after many times convincing and negotiating to this kid’s tuk-tuk for $8. I don’t know who came up with the idea of Angkor Wat during sunset(after 5pm) and sunrise. But it surely good for the sunset sightseeing as no entrance fee needed. $20 is a lot for Angkor Wat that I decided not to go during sunrise the next day.

TravellingAuntie says:
I hope to visit here someday. Thanks for the info
Posted on: Mar 01, 2010